The Wednesday Word 5.25.2022

 

Psalm 19:1-4 NLT

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship.

2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known.

3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.

4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world.

God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.

We vacationed in Daytona Beach, Florida nearly every summer of my youth. My parents loved the Atlantic coast and my mom couldn’t get enough sun to satisfy her. Seeing the clouds floating low over the horizon was another boon to her Florida visits. Whenever the skies over our hometown were a particular shade of blue and the clouds were fluffy and puffy and white, she would pause to revel in the moment. If at all possible, she would call me at that very moment and ask, “Have you looked up today?” She wanted me to feel the same joy that the beauty of God’s hand brought to her. Now, I not only thank God for the sky when it is that particular shade of blue and the clouds are fluffy and puffy and white, I thank him for the mother that taught me to see him all around me. God is all around us. Where do you see him?…something to pray about.

Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. And every day. Vicki H.

                                                                                                photo by Rina Samarets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

Wednesday Word 5.26.2021