Wednesday Word

 Thoughts on Last Sunday's Text...


John 3:16   New International Version

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

This is a love so big I can’t even begin to imagine its magnitude. God loves each and every single one of us that much. My parents loved me “no measurement.” That was our way of saying that no measurement in the world was big enough to adequately describe just how much we loved each other. God loves us more than that. What can I possibly do to respond to that kind of gift? I can try to love. I can try to love my husband and my family and my friends no measurement. I can try to love people I don’t know and even people who hurt me no measurement. Most important of all, I can work at loving God no measurement. I believe that is my purpose in this life. It is what I intend to do…something to pray about.

Your sister in Christ, Vicki H.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

Wednesday Word 5.26.2021