The Wednesday Word 9.06.2023

 

JOHN 17:6-10

New Living Translation

6 “I have revealed you to the ones you gave me from this world. They were always yours. You gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you, 8 for I have passed on to them the message you gave me. They accepted it and know that I came from you, and they believe you sent me. 9 “My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given me, because they belong to you. 10 All who are mine belong to you, and you have given them to me, so they bring me glory.

It is essential that we never forget the source of Jesus’ teachings and everything he endured to bring those teachings to us. We belong to God. We are His. Jesus’ teachings, God’s messages to us, are given to us for his glory, not ours. The thing is, that in doing so, we may live totally different lives than if we had been left adrift in this world. All by His glory. How can we not be overflowing with gratitude? How can we not strive to live out the teachings with which we have been blessed?…something to pray about.

 

Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. Vicki H.


                                                                                                        photo by Quino Al on Unsplash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

Wednesday Word 9.22.2021

The Wednesday Word 5.04.2022