Isaiah 43:1-2 New Living Translation

43  But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.

    O Israel, the one who formed you says,

“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.

    I have called you by name; you are mine.

2  When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.

When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.

When you walk through the fire of oppression,

   you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.”

To whom do you address your prayers? I always pray to our “Heavenly Father.” I think of Him as the Creator of all things and all life; the Great I Am. But, in my heart, He will always be my Heavenly Father. It wasn’t that long ago that I began to realize what that really meant.

This is what I believe, what my mind knows:  not only did God imagine the complex and incredible world we live in, He dreamt each soul into being. God laid out a path each of us was meant to follow. Then, He set the whole thing in motion, granting us the added element of free will and, in doing so, leaves the outcome up to us. That is Almighty God. Looking back on my lifetime, I think I thought of God that way most of the time. Magnificent and beyond my comprehension. Yet there were moments when I needed my Father God urgently, desperately, and He was there. Always there, even if I was too foolish to see. Today, my perspective has changed.

I am still in awe of Almighty God. I never forget who is in charge! Nevertheless, something has changed the way I feel. I feel like He not only knows my name, He knows me inside and out. The good, the bad and the ugly. I feel like He knows I can do better and He has sacrificed Himself to give me the means to do so. I feel ransomed. Not because I am special, but because He is. I am covered by His grace and I will not be afraid. He promised us. “And be sure of this: I am with you, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:20). Something to pray about.

Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. Vicki H.

                                                                                                        photo by Liane Metzler
                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

Wednesday Word 5.26.2021