The Wednesday Word 1.18.2023

 Exodus 3:10-15

New Living Translation
“10 Now go, for I am sending you to Pharaoh. You must lead my people Israel out of Egypt.” 11 But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?” 12 God answered, “I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.” 13 But Moses protested, “If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?” 14 God replied to Moses, “I am who I am. Say this to the people of Israel: I am has sent me to you.” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations.”
I can empathize with Moses. I had my own similar conversation with God. I returned to church as an adult, twenty-three years ago. From the start, if there was going to be a Bible or book study, I was there. I couldn’t get enough. A year or two later, our pastor at the time wanted to offer a course designed to span sixteen weekly sessions that would take a lot of planning and coordination. The participants would split into smaller, intensive discussion groups after viewing a video. He asked me to lead one of those small groups. My first response was, “Who me? I can’t do that! I don’t know the Bible well enough!” I talked to some trusted friends about it and they agreed that I didn’t really have enough experience. I thought long and hard about it. I prayed about it. As scared as I was to take on the responsibility of leading such critical and meaningful discussion, and of all things, praying out loud in front of people, I said I would do it. It wound up being a wonderful experience. Just like in verse 12, I could feel that God was with us. We laughed, we cried, and we learned about ourselves and our Lord. It was a milestone in my journey that I will never forget.
There will be times in your spiritual journey when you may find that God is tapping on your shoulder. He may want you to take a small step or maybe even a giant leap. You may not feel qualified. But you don’t need to worry, God will be with you…something to pray about.
Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. Vicki H.

                                                                                        photo by Sammie Chaffin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

The Wednesday Word 8.30.2023