The Wednesday Word 2.09.2022

 

Colossians 1:9-10 New Living Translation

9 "So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."

I cannot remember a time when I did not know about God. I know that my parents taught me to say my prayers as a very small child. “Now I lay me down to sleep…” Next were the sweet lessons of Sunday School, followed by Confirmation classes. It wasn’t so much that I wanted to be closer to God. I wanted to be close to my friends. Through the next few decades I studied a variety of religions and philosophies. No matter what I may have encountered along the way, Jesus was always in the back of my mind and in deep my heart.

While my life was full and rewarding, there was still something missing. In hindsight, it is so very clear. I needed to “learn to know God better and better.” Twenty-odd years after that realization, it is easy for me to imagine Paul praying this prayer on behalf of the Colossians because it is very similar to prayers I pray for my own loved ones. Since I began to actively seek to know God better, my life has been changed in more wonderful ways than I can count. I want everyone to know what it feels like to realize they are loved. I mean l-o-v-e-d. To be honest, I humbly pray to learn more myself, because I know that I have barely scratched the surface of what God has in store. How about you?…something to pray about.

Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. Vicki H.

                                                                                                photo by Jacqueline Unguia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

Wednesday Word 5.26.2021