Wednesday Word

 

Philippians 4:10-14 New International Version

10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.

Our Savior is amazing. The unending source of strength, resiliency and perseverance lies waiting for each of us. Unconditionally given. Paid in full at a terrible price. Knowing Paul’s secret for finding contentment in all circumstances is one thing. Attaining that wonderful state is quite another. First of all, we must seek Christ. Next, we must seek Christ. Lastly…see a pattern here? Paul has made Christ the very center of his being. Through the process of seeking, studying, putting Christ’s teachings into practice (and I do mean practice), a change happens in your heart and in your daily life. As Paul says in Philippians 4:7, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” That peace allows you to find your footing on solid ground when everything around is in chaos. It gives perspective when times are good and causes gratitude to overflow. Contentment, whatever the circumstances, all this and so much more is ours through Christ who gives us the strength for today and the hope for tomorrow. We just have to seek Him…something to pray about.

Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. Vicki H.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

Wednesday Word 5.26.2021