The Wednesday Word 6.22.2022

Psalm 66:16-20

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me.

17 For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke.

18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.

19 But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer.

20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me.

This passage from the Psalms is a foreshadowing of what Jesus taught us to be the model prayer. First comes praise of The Father and the admission that his merciful and powerful guidance is essential. Admitting that you have made mistakes is key to making an honest connection. The writer testifies that he experienced that connection, he felt that God was listening and paid attention. Through this communication with God, the psalmist felt the love of God around him.

Wouldn’t it be great if God would just send us a note, outlining what direction we should take in any situation that arises? Oh…wait…he has. It is called “The Bible.” Now that is something to pray about.

Don’t forget to look for the Lord today. Vicki H. 

                                                                                            photo by J Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wednesday Word 10.06.2021

The Wednesday Word 4.12.2023

The Wednesday Word 8.30.2023